The Boyne Obelisk erected in 1736, bearing this inscription: 'Sacred to the glorious memory of King William the Third, who, on the 1st of July, 1690, passed the river near this place to attack James the Second, and did, on that day, by a single battle, secure to us and to our posterity, our liberty, laws, and religion.

The monument stood until 1923 AD and was then blown up by an early act of terrorism, allegedly with dynamite stolen from the nearby Irish Army base.The base of the Obelisk remains to this day with several stones still scattered around and in the River Boyne itself.
The Boyne Foundation site is now fully active